UPDATE: For the moment I have stopped taking review requests. When my TBR will thin out I will update this page again.
Thank you for understanding!
Nice to meet you! If you’re considering sending me an ARC to review, please read the following guidelines to make sure we’re a match!
📚 Take a look at the other books I reviewed on this blog. Would your book fit it? If your answer is yes, keep reading, otherwise you might be wasting your time.
📚 As the name of the blog suggests, I review fantasy books. But even within the fantasy genre, there are some I love more than others. As such, I prefer to review the following: urban fantasy, dark fantasy, paranormal romance, magic realism. Occasionally, I might consider accepting an epic fantasy if I find the blurb intriguing, but most times, I avoid complicated plots with too many characters (for my taste).
📚 I love reading, and my TBR is ever-growing! Thus when I have trouble following the plot of a book or I don’t enjoy reading it, I put it down and move on. The bad news is that I don’t review unfinished books. The good news is that I don’t give bad reviews! That being said, please understand that I don’t guarantee I will finish the book, in which case there won’t be a review.
If you’ve made it this far, I assume your book fits the genre I read. In this case, feel free to email me at email@example.com. Your email should include the following:
- Book title
- Number of pages / approximate word count
- Blurb / Back cover description
- Stage (if your ARC is sent before the final proofread, I’ll ignore any typos I encounter and not mention it in the review)
- Does it have a happy ending?
What to expect once you’ve emailed me:
- Due to a large number of requests, I only reply if I’m interested in reviewing your book. If I don’t reply within a week, please assume I’m not interested. It doesn’t mean your book is not interesting. It only means it’s not my cup of tea!
- If I’m interested in reading and reviewing your book, I will reply with further details (where to send your ARC, when it’s scheduled for review, etc.)
- You’ll be notified via email when the review is up. I will also tag you on social media (if I can find you) in any post related to your book.
- Once your book is published, don’t hesitate to send me a follow-up email with links to your book on every available platform ( Goodreads, Google Play, Apple Books, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Bookbub, etc). I will gladly share my review on every one of them.
- Disclaimer: I am not eligible to review on Amazon! I hope it’s not a deal-breaker.
Good to know!
- My reviews are always honest regardless of how I got in possession of the book (some I buy myself, some I get on NetGalley and some are sent by authors/publishers)
- I prefer e-ARCs (epub or mobi). It’s easy for me to take notes for my review, and it’s at no extra cost to you.
- I schedule reviews on the ‘first come, first served’ principle. I will let you know when I can schedule reading your book before sending me the copy so you can opt-out if you can’t wait that long.
- I’m usually booked at least a couple of months in advance. Please be patient!
- Once I agree to review a book, I follow through in 99% of the cases. Rarely, if despite liking the blurb, I don’t like the book I will not finish it. If this is the case, I won’t review it, but I will email you an explanation. If you agree, I would love to find out more about your book.
- I promise not to share the free copy you provide with others in any way, shape or form.
* I will not reply to emails that do not comply with the guidelines mentioned above. I will also not reply to emails unrelated to fantasy book reviews.